Induction heating solutions
for manufacturing companies
What are the benefits of induction heating for your production applications? And what does a complete solution that fits your requirements look like?
The induction systems which we develop are always complete solutions:
- We start with comprehensive evaluation of your basic technical requirements,
- then test and implement suitable concepts,
- but we do not stop at implementation –
- we also offer, in addition to a comprehensive service
- additional optimisation and modernisation.
Benefits in terms of costs and quality
- Short heating times mean that you save energy and reduce CO₂. Together with you, we will see how much this can be in individual cases.
- All induction processes are easily reproducible.
- Due to the precise heating, scrap and reworking are significantly reduced.
- Our induction solutions can be automated and integrated into your production processes.
Better working conditions
- The precise heating has the effect of a pleasant working temperature.
- Even our largest induction systems take up relatively little space and are at the same time state-of-the-art high-end machines.
- Inductive processes are easy to handle, so they can be operated flexibly.
- In the application laboratory we develop exactly the right solution for your requirements.
It’s quick & easy
to get your offer
Step by step to the
We make sure that you use all the benefits in your production. For this, we develop an individual induction heating solution with you.
Please send us your request with some information on your heating process. This will help us to clarify your framework conditions.
You will receive a detailed offer from us as soon as possible.
The offer includes a concept for technical implementation. Therefore we test your workpieces in our laboratory.
During the concept development phase, you have the possibility to borrow equipment in order to test induction heating.
You place your order with us.
During the entire conception and now manufacturing process, we maintain a close dialogue with you and check the integrability of the solution into your production or your turnkey solution.
We manufacture your induction solution, deliver it and take care of the technical interfaces.
The time has come: The system is put into operation on-site. If you wish, we would be pleased to support you in this worldwide.
Do you have any questions?
We would be happy to advise you and develop an optimal solution tailored to your needs.
The strengths of induction heating
Induction heating is based on physical principles. If a metallic body (or an electrically conductive body) is exposed to the influence of an electromagnetic alternating field, e.g. around an inductor, an electric current is induced in it (inducere lat. = to lead into). This current causes the metal to heat up.
Since the heat exposure in mass production with induction heating can be perfectly limited in terms of time and location, the heating pattern becomes precisely reproducible and enables consistent quality of the workpieces. Chemical-metallurgical reactions that impair the surface can thus be avoided.
Induction systems do not require any start-up or heating-up times, but are ready for operation immediately. And since heat generation is kept to a minimum, the temperature in the workspace also remains pleasant. This is why induction systems can be installed exactly where they are needed for the manufacturing process. Materials and other machinery are not affected by heat. This means that unnecessary transportation can be avoided.
of induction systems
Conventional methods of heating, e.g. furnaces, require a lot of space – and usually heat the workpieces completely. If, on the other hand, the heat is generated directly at the point to be machined, and in the exact amount required, this saves space as well as energy, and protects the workpiece.
All our Himmelwerk induction systems have space-saving designs, and can be integrated seamlessly into existing production lines. This has the advantage that, in many instances, the inductors in the outer circuits can be changed if there are changes to the shape of the components to be heated.
PLC integration and special solutions
When we design a turnkey solution, we always ensure successful integration within your control system. For example, all of our converters have various interfaces such as Profibus and Profinet, and use Interface for external control. This allows the connection to be automated, which also enables the integration of error messaging and power control. In some cases, AI-based quality assuranceis already part of the induction system, or can be retrofitted.
Using automated electromechanical processes, we integrate induction heating within your production processes and, moreover, develop complete solutions for special requirements around recoolers, external circuits or workpiece positioning. Temperature monitoring is also integrated into the induction heating process directly and via non-contact means by incorporating a pyrometer.
How much energy does induction heating use?
It is clear that induction heating directly within the component saves energy. But there are even greater energy savings to be had, because
- the induction system can be switched off for a short time during standstill periods – without subsequent long heating times;
- quality assurance can also be integrated directly – in the event of an error, the system is stopped automatically, thus significantly reducing waste;
- the quality of the application processes is extremely high, ensuring longer service life for the products.
Of course, the actual amount of energy saved by induction heating depends on various individual factors. We have, however, done some calculations to assess the reduction in global CO₂ emissions through using the Himmelwerk systems.
Series and small quantities
Induction heating systems are particularly well suited for series production. In many cases, their use also makes sense for the production of smaller quantities, because even here their economic efficiency pays off significantly through energy reduction and higher product quality.
The possible applications of induction heating are almost unlimited. The various applications, including examples from different sectors, are presented here.
Himmelwerk has been manufacturing high-frequency and medium-frequency systems with outputs from 2.0 kW upwards for over seven decades. More than 19,000 systems are now proving their worth in a wide range of industries in over 70 countries. Our extensive and diverse experience offers you decisive benefits for more efficient production. We would be pleased if we could also produce the perfect induction process for your production.
Simple handling, intuitive operation
Our induction systems are all easy and intuitive to operate. This gives you the advantage of being able to deploy your machine operators quickly and flexibly. In addition we also offer training for
- maintenance and servicing of the systems
- basics of induction technology
- use of pyrometers
- and other general practical topics (e.g. how do I change the cooling water?)